Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts

Link up in the comments if you choose to play!

1. A student and I spent some of his outside reading conference comparing Pip from Great Expectations and Wade from Ready Player One- there are many similarities. I told him that I had more time I'd write an essay for fun, and he looked at me like I was crazy. #Englishmajorproblems

2. Why do vet visits always turn into "maybe we should run three extra tests for several hundred dollars more and if you say no I will look at you with so much judgement and scorn"?

3. I made my first pair of curtains last week and they were a few inches too short and have been bugging me so much. So, I went back to the fabric store, bought some of the patterned fabric I used (I did 1/3 pattern and 2/3 solid) and made an extra strip for the bottom. Now I actually really, really like them. It's fun to have something new and fun in our kitchen.

4. My Year in Review Mixbook came last weekend I am in love. The matte cover is beautiful and it was so much fun to sit down with Sawyer and look at everything that happened last year.

5. I made this breakfast pizza last night and it was delicious. I used pancetta instead of bacon and next time might cook the eggs a little differently, since we like them more runny, but all-in-all the flavor was excellent and it was easy.


6. I just finished The Sympathizers for book club tomorrow and I really, really ended up loving it. How we're going to discuss this book in just ninety minutes is beyond me. It really needs a few lunches, as far as I'm concerned.


7. "Hold On" by Wilson Phillips came on this morning and I spent the day really wanting to watch Bridesmaids while sitting on the couch eating cereal. Unfortunately, this did not happen. 

8. I'm going to the Women's March on Saturday in LA with my good friend and I am sooooooo excited. Luckily, the excitement is overpowering the slight anxiety I have over logistics.

4 comments:

  1. Love the idea of the Women's March...I'm envious, but I would also be stressed out about the logistics.

    The breakfast pizza looks delicious. Here are MY BOOKISH/NOT SO BOOKISH THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breakfast pizza sounds great! I'd need to substitute some vegetarian bacon in there, though. Here is my post for this week:
    https://wcs53new.wordpress.com/2018/01/17/bookish-and-not-so-bookish/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great thoughts. Thankfully, the vet visits here haven't been too bad...though they did discover the two cats might not have had their boosters when they were kittens and gave me only a three week rabies vaccine. Need to verify our records from the shelter.

    How neat that you can make curtains. Sewing has never been something I am good at. That breakfast pizza looks yummy.

    Hope you enjoy the rest of your week.

    http://imperfectchristianmom.blogspot.com/2018/01/bookish-and-not-so-bookish-thoughts-jan_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vets really bother me. I understand they are kind of necessary, but I have had a few bad experiences.

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS