Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts



Link up, link back, say hey!

1. Thanksgiving prep is in full force, over here, so things will be a tad shorter than normal. I am hosting my husband's parents and his sister's family of four, plus our three and my brother. I have done far, far bigger, so while I still need to make sure the house is clean and the food is made this isn't too crazy. I am doing the turkey, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, and then pumpkin and apple pies. It makes sense for the host to do the first three things, and the others I don't mind (I love making pie, actually). Right now the bread has been dried and cubed for the stuffing and there is a pie crust mixing as we speak. There are still a few more things to do... ha. 

2. Some subtle things I am doing differently: making extra pie crust to attempt fanciness, seasoning the heck out of the bread crumbs prior to drying, adding in a mac and cheese dish, and using a new brining recipe for the turkey. I'm also going to take a run up a long, tall, hill before the morning kicks off, so I might die before all of this can come to fruition. 

3. I am trying to push through the last season of The Gilmore Girls before Friday and I don't think it's going to happen in time. I'm horrible at binge watching- I've gotten through six episodes in the last two months, but it's not like I've never seen them before.

4. My new obsession: following super-talented embroidery artists on Instagram. I follow very few strangers/celebrities/places, but their work is truly inspiring so I am making an exception.

5. A few food bloggers, like Joy the Baker, have started "Coobook Clubs" and I am soooooo jealous. Basically, they get together with a group of friends and divide up recipes from the same cookbook and have themselves a dinner party with all new-to-them dishes. Someday, one day, eventually, I will make this happen in my life, with my friends.

6. I got a flu shot for the first time ever on Monday (I know, I'm horrible, but I just put it off... Sawyer always gets his, though!) and my arm is sore, has a huge bump underneath, and is start to get a bruise the size of golf ball. But of course. It's worth it, right? 

Have a lovely Thanksgiving, guys! Remember, it's one thing to shout your gratefulness out on social media, but make sure to do something about it. Donate to charities! Call your grandma! Give that person that irritates you a tad a compliment. Nonetheless, enjoy and eat!


5 comments:

  1. One of my friends is in a cookbook club and she loves it. I have talked loudly about starting one and have in-principle support from a couple of friends but it hasn't happened... Yet. 2017 resolution perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cookbook club sounds like a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great Thanksgiving weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving! Your dinner sounds delicious. As usual, I'm not cooking...just bringing wine and being a guest. Love it! But I do miss the leftovers.

    I get a flu shot every year, but mine hurt for the first time this year. I think it was a super-strong one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I suspect I am the only female on Earth that has never seen an episode of Gilmore Girls...

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS